Helping Support Our Veterans, Veteran Business Owners and their families
The Veteran Owned Business Roundtable is devoted to ‘serve those who have served.’
Our Four Pillars: CONNECT | MENTOR | PROMOTE | ADVOCATE for veteran business owners.
We realize that all veterans will not become entrepreneurs and therefore we wanted to establish a mission to provide financial assistance and encourage the growth of college bound, military dependents.
It is our utmost hope that this scholarship is acknowledged as a small appreciation for family members of veterans who sacrificed for this country.
- Any military dependent of honorably discharged veterans can apply for the scholarship.
- Individual scholarship award amount of $1,000 minimum per winner.
- All grants and donations are welcome.
Submit a detailed essay of a maximum of 500 words, detailing the following questions.
1. Why are you the best candidate for this scholarship?
2. How have you advocated for and engaged with veterans?
Complete all required sections of our application form below. Be sure to attach the following documents to your application form:
1. Copy of your most recent transcripts.
2. Some verification of enrollment at a college.
3. Your Essay.
4. Dependents must verify that parent was honorably discharged from military duty.
- U.S. Citizen (or permanent resident).
- Enrolled (or enrolling) as full-time student at an accredited college/university within the United States for completion of undergraduate degree in Logistics or equivalent field.
- Applicants must be one of the following below:
- An honorably discharged veteran or current member of the active military (including National Guard and Reserves).
- A spouse of a current military service member or honorably discharged veteran.
- A child (under age 21 or full-time student under age 23) of a current military service member or honorably discharged veteran.
- Limit of one (1) entry per contestant.
PREVIOUS SCHOLARSHIP SPONSORS
Flagstar Bank Scholarship Recipient
Stellantis Scholarship Recipient
Honda Scholarship Recipient
UPCOMING SCHOLARSHIP GOLF OUTING
VOBRT's 9th Annual Scholarship Golf Outing
MONDAY, AUGUST 22, 2022
SHOTGUN START @ 7:30AM
9339 Bellevue Rd, Grosse Ile Township, MI 48138
Grosse Ile Golf and Country Club established in 1919, has been a long-standing Island tradition. Membership enjoys a Donald Ross designed golf course, outdoor tennis and pool facilities, as well as a full service dining venture.
For more information on our corporate sponsorship packages, please register by completing the form or contact a VOBRT Representative below:
- Ronald Ross - Business Development
- John Eley - Membership Committee Chair
- 586-722-1557 ext#5
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Our efforts are dedicated to the benefit of all Veteran Owned Businesses. The Roundtable was formed in 2005 in response to State of Michigan legislation establishing a goal of 3% of state contracts to be awarded to Veteran (VOSB) and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Businesses (SDVOSB).
The VOBRT supports the Vets First Verification Program. The program offers Verified firms owned and controlled by Veterans and Service-disabled Veterans the opportunity to compete for set asides by the Veteran Administration and other government agencies.
7205 Sterling Ponds Court,
Sterling Heights, Michigan 48312